Getting ready for your Drover adventure
Updated: Apr 12, 2021
You’ve booked your Drover trip, now it’s time to start planning your adventure! Here’s our short prep check to help make it a memorable stay:
1. Be prepared! First up, book a campsite. We’ve put together a short edit of nearby sites we think you’ll like, each offering good facilities and a great base to enjoy the area. If you’re researching somewhere different, think about size (neighbours are nice, but not too nearby when you’re trying to get away from it all), services (how swanky are the showers and is there a shop on site?) and spirit (we’d recommend avoiding anywhere with lots of rules!).
2. Plan your itinerary. The Cotswolds has something for every kind of camper. Do you want to potter around our towns and tearooms? Are you looking to indulge your wild side? We’ve got high ropes and hill walks, water parks and paddleboards. Are you keen to try two wheels or four legs? With so much to pack in, planning will help you appreciate it all – and don’t forget to plot in time to enjoy your camp!
3. Less is more. Honestly, we’ve thought of pretty much everything for your trip, so you can relax and travel lite. Extras we’d recommend you bring: books, games, devices and chargers (Drover has USB ports and LED lighting); footwear (we find wellies and flip flops are the perfect camping combo – with no laces, they’re easy peasie to put on and good for wearing around the site or in the showers); layers (you’ll be kitted out with blankets but an extra poolly will make you more comfortable around the camp fire); and all weather gear (you’re holidaying the UK so be prepared for sun, showers and storms!).
4. Meals and menus. Your little kitchen is perfect for lite bites and simple snacks but who wants to spend hours cooking on their hols? When we go away we make-up a couple of meals in advance – maybe mac‘n’cheese or chilli to heat on the stove while baking some potatoes on the fire pit; take along some barbecue tasties – meat and veggie skewers or sausages; and book a table or two … Renowned for fantastic food and fayre, we’ve handpicked a few of our favourite Cotswold pubs.
5. If you have any questions, get in touch! We love it here, and we want you to love it too, so we’re super happy to help you plan for a top trip!